Monday, April 26, 2010

End of April

Can't believe it's the end of April. So anxious for warm weather to plant my veggie garden. It's all prepped and ready for the plants. The garden looks lonely, with just a few rows of lettuce and lots of dirt. Went to Masters Gardeners event in town on Saturday and saw all these incredibly healthy, beautiful tomato and pepper plants. I wanted to buy all of them. But have to wait a few weeks until the ground warms up and frost warnings are over.

Have been doing some knitting and sewing but not as much as I'd like. Still working on baby sweaters and some sewing projects. I start my new quilting class next Tuesday which I'm so excited about. I've made quilts for family and babies but I really want to learn all the tricks of quilting. The real deal!

Having book club girls here tonight for our monthly meeting. We read "The Help" which was a terrific novel and would recommend it. So off I go to start cooking my "famous" beef barley stew/soup which everyone asks for.

No comments: